Happy Mother's Day everyone!

Happy Mother’s Day to you all - I hope you found time to look after yourself today, even if it was just a brief moment. :hibiscus:

3 Likes

Happy Mother’s Day to you too! My son and I have been ill all weekend so all plans went out the window unfortunately :woman_facepalming:t3:

2 Likes

Happy Mother’s Day :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Thanks @TiredMum - lovely of you to think of other Mums. I had a totally shit one I’ve got to be honest. Big row in our house. Oh well it’s just another day I suppose. I hope you’re feeling appreciated x

1 Like

So sorry to hear that @StressedMum. It’s just so crap when you just want a calm, nice day and it doesn’t happen. I hope things are calmer now? Sending you a big hug x

1 Like

Been a bit of a shitty week tbh. Oh well. Another weekend now! Trying hard to do the 10 minutes play every day with ours. When I can successfully put everything else down and enter their world I actually often enjoy it. It’s just the thought of it I don’t enjoy :joy:

Oh that’s rubbish, sorry to hear that. Hopefully you can find some time to rest also this weekend…even if it’s just an early night tonight? If I’m not in bed by 9pm every night I really struggle to manage with the hard moments in the day. How do you find the 10 mins of play is going - is it having a positive impact? I just feel with my son that it’s not enough. Even 2 hours of undivided attention is not enough. It just seems like his cup is never full.

1 Like

Yep. I’m an early to bed person too. Although I find it really hard to go to bed early, as once they’re asleep then selfishly that’s my time to relax on the sofa with the telly and a glass of wine. I then don’t want to cut my time short by sleeping! But when I do get an early night I feel so much better for it.

You sound much more generous with your time than me. 10 minutes is about all I can manage! They absolutely love it though when I do that. Especially when I put everything else down and tell them they have my undivided attention for 10 minutes and I will do WHATEVER they chose to play with me. It definitely works. They seem to behave better that day, like they feel more loved I suppose.

That’s hard if your son constantly wants more. That must be exhausting for you :yellow_heart: :yellow_heart:

1 Like

I know what you mean about needing the time in the evening….i really had to train myself to just go to bed once my son was asleep and the house reset. I just couldn’t do it otherwise!! I’ll watch an episode of something in my bed or read a bit of my book then I am to be asleep by 930 latest, such a glamorous life!!

Am glad the play tips are working for you….you’re doing a fab job :two_hearts:

2 Likes

You sound so much more disciplined than me @singlemumof1 . Gives me hope. Right now that wine and TV is just too tempting. But I’m knackered all the time. I need to make some more sensible choices! Thank you for your encouragement. I appreciate it x

1 Like